For up to date (most of the time) news and original opinions before they hit the update, follow us on Twitter!
Before we get to the pleasantly glowing Canadian reviews of the "Hello Hurricane" tour, here are some videos that have been popping up on Youtube. Here are some videos from the January 12 Seattle show:
Needle and Haystack Life
Your Love Is a Song
^This song was meant to be played live! Beautiful. We may have posted a video of this the other day, but this one has a sweet video angle.
Check out this Youtube Channel for more videos from this user. He got a really good angle!
Here's a video of Always (January 13 Vancouver)
and Needle again (January 15 Edmonton)
Now, here are some excerpts from the concert reviews:
Rock Star Weekly turned in a well-written review of the Vancouver, comparing Jon Foreman to the mythological god, Adonis... haha. Um, anyways, here's an excerpt:
You can hear the versatility in Switchfoot's songs. Especially as you watch them go from an industrial driven dirge to a mandolin and accordion led folk ballad. While some bands get lost trying to do a bit of this and a bit of that, Switchfoot was even able to amuse us by a brief dalliance with one of Beyonce's hit songs. And any musician who mentions Saint Augustine of Hippo and philosopher Søren Kierkegaard in song titles wins my academic heart's approval. And it's fascinating to see a band not afraid to be so versatile as to unite surfing and sunshine with two of histories most conflicted writers about struggle, sin and the human condition.
For bare midriffs and the Adonis comparison, read the rest of this review here
Guttersnipe News reviewed the same show as well:
At one point, though, a girl nearby shouted toward the dance floor, “Look at these people, they could be at a funeral and they wouldn’t know the difference.” She was somewhat accurate in her statement, as it was a very calm crowd, but they were just sort of there really listen and enjoy the music, rather than the usual drunk and rowdy Commodore crowd. And Foreman did create some excitement when, at one point, he left the stage to walk through the crowd to sing an entire song on top of an amp in the left side of the room. He grabbed the fans’ hands throughout, and had everyone clapping along, waving their arms and dancing a little by the end of the night.
Read the rest here.
And, this blogger posted the setlist for the Calgary show on the 16th:
New Daily Foot entries for the recent shows. Andy Barron is a BEAST.
A few items today:
1. I am embarrassed to say that this piece of information has evaded my attention, but "Mess of Me" has been sitting on the No. 1 spot for 5 straight weeks now on the Christian Rock format! Here's proof:
^AND beating Skillet = icing on the beautiful cake. Sorry Skillet fans... :P
2. "Mess of Me" is No. 15 (+2) on Sirius Alt Nation this week. Keep on requesting it to get it higher! LINK
3. "Mess of Me" jumped up a spot over the weekend on the Alternative Format, which is the most important format it's being worked to right now. Keep requesting it!
4. "Always" is currently No. 17 on the Christian CHR charts
Please also go here to see a list of stations already playing "Mess of Me" and phone numbers to call in and request the song with!
HERE are some request links you can do online if you can't reach a phone. Please be SURE to fill out a few of these links every day, especially the ones at or near your area! It is our collective efforts that will ensure the success of this and any future Switchfoot single.
KNXX (Baton Rouge)
WKQX; Text: 99161 (Chicago)
WWCD (Columbus) TEXT "request" and then your song 68683
WGRD (Grand Rapids)
WPLA (Jacksonville, Florida)
WTZR (Johnson City)
KROQ; Alternate Link (Write-in request); text 25767 (Los Angeles)
KYSR (Los Angeles)
WEQX; Alternate Link(Manchester)
WBRU; Survey (New England)
WRRV (New York)
KEDJ (Phoenix) Text: 91039
(At lunch 12N - 1P)
(at 5 PM)
WRXL Alternate Link (Richmond)(Richmond)
KCXX; Alternate Link (Riverside)
XTRA (San Diego)
KBZT (San Diego)
Sirius Alt Nation
KPNT; Alternate Link; Text: 48258 (St. Louis)
WPBZ (West Palm Beach)
KILO (Colorado Springs)
KCLB (Palm Springs, CA)
KIOZ (San Diego)
WLZX (Springfield, MA)
Format: HOT AC
WRXP (New York)
OTHER ONLINE SUPPORT
- 91x (San Diego) Christy Taylor's REALLY BIG Countdown
- WRRV Buzz Cut
- 98.7 (Los Angeles) Badass 8
- TVU Live
- NEW WLUM Milwaukee
- Alternative Addiction: What we need to do is,
- Fill-in vote "Mess of Me" in the box, after voting for one of the artists already in the countdown.
- Request the song here. Scroll down, then simply press the "request" link.
- The Christian Rock 20 Poll. (NO. 1!)
- RadioU's Top Ten Most Wanted. We still have the top spot! Well done! Let's keep it that way!