Thursday, February 25, 2010

Happy seventh birthday to "The Beautiful Letdown"!


Yupp. It was seven years ago today that this seminal Switchfoot work was released. I remember the first time I heard "Meant to Live," I was floored. But it wasn't until "Dare You to Move" graced the airwaves a little while later that I was hooked on this sunny San Diego surfer band. As we all know, this album became Switchfoot's biggest and most well-recognized work to date. The rest, as they like to say, is history. What are your favorite memories of this album? I'm really interested to know.

Oh, by the way, a rarely-seen video of the CD release party, seven years ago:



I know this post is late, but at least it's still Tuesday in America. Apologies. :P Regular updates will resume tomorrow.

And, here's a blast from the past:

5 comments:

Julia said...

Well I became a Switchfoot fan after I bought the 'A Walk to Remember' Soundtrack. Then I bought Beautiful Letdown. Um. Yes. Life changing. And a fun little story. I was on a mission to buy every SF album. (I ordered Legend of Chin on Amazon). When I was at the store, I couldn't decide between buying New Way to Be Human or a Relient K album. I know, totally ridiculous. But thank goodness the sales guy said NWTBH is amazing. The rest is history. I love you Switchfoot. P.S. Every SF album is Beautiful Letdown status in my heart:D

Job said...

I'm glad you were able to find every single Switchfoot album? :)

And yeah, every Switchfoot album is great!

Julia said...

yep! i bought all their albums up to that point in like a week haha.

Doug said...

Job, yesterday I went to my friendofthefoot you tube to post the Video "Dare You To Move" and could not find it then I went to look for "Meant To Live" and it was gone I had them saved for over two years in my video collection. I found out Columbia pulled them all off you tube. I was like sad.

Job said...

Julia, nice!

Doug, yeah, it's a bummer. If you go to youtube.com/switchfootVEVO, you'll find most of the old videos, though, in higher quality. The view counts were preserved too!