Saturday, March 15, 2008

"In his element..."

Jon Foreman was "in his element" while playing at SXSW the past few days, according to Doug Van Pelt, from hmmagazine.com.



Jon Foreman

Jon was in his element, telling stories, relaxed, joking around, and sounding just awesome vocally. I had heard that it was slightly rough at first, but the last 3 or 4 songs I heard were just spot-on and sounding real good -- high notes being hit with accuracy and feeling. A guy named Keith accompanied Jon (with acoustic guitar in hand) on oboe, making for a nice segue for my personal club hopping experience. I was surprised to hear him do "24" from his Switchfoot catalog. He explained that he'd written it the day before he turned 25.


SOURCE (Thanks Aki from the official message boards for the heads-up)

Keith plays oboe...? Hehe... I thought that thing was called a "cello" ...?

No comments: