Wednesday, August 19, 2009

"Heading Home" Narnia Demo

Switchfoot released one of their very early demos of the song that eventually became "This Is Home" to the Friends of the Foot recently. The working title was "Heading Home," and the lyrics are as follows:

HEADING HOME

All my life
I knew something was wrong
Love was a mystery
That I felt all along

There's a longing inside me for a dream
There's a longing built deep inside of me

I'm headed home
To a place I've never been on my own
But I'll know it when I get back home
To a place I've always belonged
I'm headed home
I'm headed home

All my life
I knew something was wrong
Love was a mystery
That I felt all along

There's a longing inside of me to believe

^It cuts off abruptly after that line. I would argue that this demo take of the song is much better than the final product. Of course, "This Is Home" was heavily influenced by Disney's writers, which could explain why a clearly superior demo got changed up.

However, this isn't to bag on "This Is Home," as it is still one of the great Switchfoot songs. It's just interesting to hear a new take. If you would like to hear it, check out this cover I put together real quick. (SORRY again for that shameless plug... ~sheepish~)

No comments: